XVIII
And so warmly welcome the new year.
But now to something completely else:
the weekend I was in Hanau. There, there was a Legacyturnier. This is a format of the trading card game "Magic the Gathering (TM) (for details please refer to the relevant literature, I recommend Google as a starting point). Some believe that this is a nerdy, geldverschlingendes, uncool breeze. Others claim it requires a high level of strategic, economic and empathic understanding of the matter. In fact, the truth lies somewhere in between.
Well, with 270 participants, it will probably be the largest tournament of its kind on German soil this year. The sample size for following predefined assertions is therefore large enough.
I found and find it again frightening how adult (?) People (mostly men, another characteristic of MtG) behave when in direct contact to a test of strength is in the still considerable Prizes to be won. With law and faith I have left unmentioned in the required "Skillz" the social component, as in many, this seems underdeveloped or missing. As will be denied after the game handshakes, opponents angeblafft or conversations Rejected restrictive. The worst is the unspeakable reaction of many when it actually lost exceptional times. Then the guy has only durchgelucked, he pulls one of only two outs, or one himself was so unlucky, because there was a game of infinite possibilities in 5 moves. Self-inflicted one which I know has never make mistakes just to others. And then win too.
tournament Magic is exhausting, because too many people to dogged approach to a hobby that can actually be so much fun. But who spends several hundred to several thousand dollars on a bit of cardboard, it has not always all right?
references or similarities to existing social phenomena are, as always, purely coincidental and unintentional.
0 comments:
Post a Comment